Industry News

Record Trade


The Ministry of Commerce, Burma (Myanmar) has announced that the export value of Beans and Pulses has reached US$ 63 million in the month of January 2013 which is a record. Nearly 80% of the total export is traded to India. The remaining 20% is accounted for by China and ASEAN member states. The export commodities are green mung beans, pigeon beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, butter beans, lab lab beans and black eyed beans. China has become one of the biggest importers of Burmese (Myanmar) green mung beans through the border trade exercise.

Industry News

Gulfood Exhibition


Gulfood the world's biggest annual food & hospitality show will take place in Dubai. The event will be from 25-28 February 2013 at the Dubai World Trade Center. Over 4,000 exhibitors will be representing various sectors, including the food and drink, processing and packaging and hospitality industries. Find out more www.gulfood.com/page.cfm